Have you tried getting your clothes out of the dryer and found out they aren’t dry? It’s annoying, right? Well, one culprit to consider is a dirty dryer vent. This is particularly true if you haven’t cleaned it for a while.
You have to regularly clean your dryer vent to improve the efficiency of the dryer. Routine dryer vent cleaning helps to get rid of lint and other debris that are blocking the performance of your dryer.
So, how often should you clean your dryer vent? Here are several things to consider when it comes to dryer vent cleaning Stamford:
How Often Should You Clean Dryer Vent?
According to professionals, you will need to clean the dryer vent at least once a year. On the other hand, the lint trap should be cleaned after each load. However, you might have to clean the dryer vent more often if:
- Type of Laundry
Bulky items such as towels and blankets generate more lint that causes the dryer vent to quickly clog. Thus, it’s recommended that you clean the dryer vent a couple of times every year if your laundry mainly comprises bulky clothing.
- Buying New Clothes
According to professionals, new clothes generate more lint compared to old ones. Thus, you might have to clean the dryer vent a couple of times a year if you love purchasing new clothes.
- Presence of Pets
Your vents will get clogged more quickly if you’ve got pets in your house. Thus, it’s vital to clean the dryer vent more often to get rid of pet fur and hair from the vent.
- Size of Your Family
Huge family size means you have to wash more loads of clothes every day. Of course, your dryer vent will accumulate a lot of lint since you’re using it more often every day. Thus, you have to clean it a couple of times a year.
Hiring a Complete Dryer Vent Cleaning Service
Dryer vent cleaning doesn’t simply involve getting rid of dirt from the filter. A lot of other factors have to be inspected and cleaned. Here is the step-by-step process on how professionals conduct a complete dryer vent cleaning:
- First, they will inspect the opening of the dryer vent. This means they’ll have to go outside and thoroughly check the dryer vent.
- Second, they will get rid of the debris. Every animal waste, leaf, and dirt that have been collected on the outside is removed. These materials are blocking the flow of lint.
- Third, other materials, such as lint, are removed. They usually collect on the dryer vent.
- Fourth, they will clean the area behind the dryer.
- Lastly, they will clean the lint trap of the dryer and the drum as well.
Indications that You Have to Clean the Dryer Vent
- Your laundry room feels extremely hot when you’re using the dryer.
- You notice a weird burning odor on the clothes.
- You haven’t checked the dryer for more than 12 months.
- The vent hood flap doesn’t properly open.
- Presence of debris around the dryer hose.
- Both the dryer exterior and your clothing gets extremely hot.